Can it rain just once, I can’t deal with the heat! – The British aren’t built for this!
So as you read above, today’s post is gonna be a mini plan for all the newbie gym starters, it’s gonna simple and straightforward and easy to follow routine on how to lose fat/weight in a sustainable way.
What Do I Take To The Gym?
Firstly, I don’t have a fancy gym branded clothing. I wear my old baggy tops, sometimes (well most of the time) my brother’s t-shirts, old leggings and my NMD’s.
I do carry quite a bit but what you’ll find in my gym bag are the following:
- Ankle Weights (0.5kg-1.25kg)
- Resistant Bands (Light and Medium Strength)
- 1L water bottle (the more water the better)
- Protein Bar (Post workout snack)
- Hair bands
- Wireless Headphones
I do use the free weights at the gym, it’s just my gym doesn’t have resistant bands or ankle weights, so I take them with me, especially if I’m training legs and my glutes (bum).
Each day is different for me, my workout depends on my mood, for instance, I sometimes go swimming on the hot days, others I will head to the gym, depends on what time I go (morning or evening) or if I’m being lazy.
Every Workout Counts!
Each Workout differs, add as much weight or take off, do more reps or less – just make sure your form is right and you’re not straining yourself.
Before working out – always stretch!
Legs & Glutes!
Activation Exercises (No extra weight, just our own body weight)
- Side balance leg raises x 15
- Fire Hydrants x 12-15
- Kickbacks x 12-15
- Glute Bridges x 15-20
- Lying Side Clam x 10-15
Workout Exercises (3 sets)
- Walking Lunges x 20 (with weights)
- Elevated Glute Bridges x 20 (with weights)
- Goblet Squats x 15
- Glute Kickbacks x 25 (with ankle weights x 15)
- Bulgarian Split Squats x 8 (each side)
- Squats with resistance band x 15
Core (3-4 sets)
- Sit-ups x 15
- Toe Touches x 20-30
- Bicycle Abs x 10-15
- Leg Lifts x 10-15
- Elevate Glute Bridges x 20 (with weight)
- Flutter kicks x 20
- 1 min plank
Back & Shoulders, Triceps & Biceps (3-4 sets)
- Lat pulldowns x 15
- Seated Rows x 15
- DB Regrade Rows x 10 (each side)
- Front DB Raises x 10-15 (each side)
- DB Front Over Row x 10-12
- Tricep Dips x 15
- Push Ups x 10-15
- 1 min plank
Before these workouts, I run on the treadmill for about 20-40 mins, swim for an hour as my cardio.. again depends on my mood.
PLEASE DON’T DO AN EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF CARDIO – YOU’LL JUST HAVE INTENSE HUNGER AND CRAVINGS!
Tips for overcoming Gym Anxiety!
- Focus on yourself and only yourself
- Everyone is too busy with their own workout to notice you
- Everyone starts somewhere and starting is just the beginning
- If people are looking at you it’s either because they’re zoned out, trying to learn a new exercise or not working hard enough (so they don’t concern you)
- Do not compare yourself. Motivate yourself.
- Smile, don’t look so scared.
- Follow the routine you planned.
- For results, you MUST step out of your comfort zone!
- Start off small and grow each time. – add an extra weight, new exercise, move to a new machine in the gym.
- People at the gym are there to work out, not judge other people at the gym.
Twice The Guts – Double The Glory!
I hope you found this to be helpful,
If you have any more questions then feel free to pop an email or leave a comment!
Until next time,
*don’t forget to like this post and subscribe for more!