Thought I’d share some tips for all those with upcoming exams!
- Don’t stay up all night studying. Have a good night’s sleep and study during the day.
- Watch the lecture and make notes.
- Write down all the lecture notes.
- Filter through the notes, cutting out repeated sentences and condense paragraphs.
- Highlight keywords.
- Stick to no more than 2 to 3 colours per page. (otherwise, it will be a distraction).
- Use the App “Forest” to study in chunks of 20-30 minutes with no distractions. Then take a 5-7 minutes break, then again, do a 20-30 study session.
- Delete any social media apps.
- Put your phone on night mode so any emails or notification that pop on you’re phone screen will not distract you.
- Have a group chat to send questions to your friends asking for help.
- Skype sessions are useful too! I skyped my friend a day before my exam just to go over any last minute questions or topics, found this to be super helpful!
- Have a positive mindset, always be kind to yourself. “I can do this”, “I will pass”, “I will finish uni, uni will not finish me”.
- Stay away from people that say “I have don’t know anything”, “I give up”, “I didn’t revise” because 9/10 they’re chatting shit and if they are not then you don’t need that negative energy.
- It’s hard to study on a sunny day, so close the curtains.
- Keep the window open. Fresh air is important.
- Scream when you’re stressed out.
- Have the mental breakdown, pick yourself up and carry on.
- Don’t try and learn new things the night before an exam, go over what you know. It’s best to know 50% of the information confidently, then know 70% vaguely.
- Block your ex. He/She doesn’t need to exist right now.
- Calculate how many lectures there are and divide it by how many days you have left to get an idea how many lectures you should be getting through per day.
- Some days will be productive, others won’t be and that’s fine don’t stress. Listen to your body.
- Have a healthy diet. Blueberries, Dark green leafy veg, Salmon, Almonds, and Avocados are amazing brain foods.
- Have instrumental music playing at a low volume in the background & (there are loads of study music videos on youtube) pause the music every time you’re on a break.
- Have a clean desk, put away any excess paper and pens in draws and out of site.
- DO ALL THE PAST PAPER QUESTIONS AND TUTORIALS!