I can’t sacrifice my sleep to do a full face of makeup in the morning. I just can’t. So, I put together a simple look together that is easy to change or to vamp up.
These are the products I used:
- Estee Lauder Double wear foundation
- Primer (Benefit – ‘The POREfessional’ primer)
- Orange corrector (LA Girl)
- MAC Prolong Wear concealer – NW35
- Bronzer (Bourjois bronzing powder 51)
- Blush (Urban Decay – I can’t remember the name)
- Eyeliner (Maybelline New York Master Ink Liquid Eyeliner – Matte, Waterproof)
- Mascara (MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash)
- Tinted lip balm or lipstick (NYX soft matte lip cream – Budapest)
1. Exfoliate, Moisturise & Prime!
Exfoliate your face to get rid of any dead skin, always moisturise and prime because we don’t want to dry out our skin and we want our makeup to last throughout the day.
2. Colour Correcting saves lives!
If you have any dark spots or dark under eyes, apply corrector to these areas and blend using a beauty blender, however, be careful to not go over board because you don’t want to create an orange face or cause the corrector to turn your foundation to an orangey tone.
3. Conceal any mistakes made from the night before.
Apply concealer over any areas where you have colour corrected and blend. Again, don’t cake it on because foundation will also be there as an extra layer of coverage.
Apply a light layer of foundation, feel free to skip this part if you don’t need it or swap it for a CC or BB cream.
4. Short cut on contouring.
Just to skip the whole process of contouring, I just do a quick swipe of bronzer over my temples and cheek bones.
Apply a little blush on the side of your cheeks (this is optional) I feel it adds a little more dimension to my face.
5. Eyeliner & Mascara
The only fancy thing I’ll do if I’m feeling brave or have extra several minutes is winged eyeliner and that’s very rare!
ALWAYS CURL YOUR LASHES! Then apply mascara, this will make you look much more awake when really you’re feeling half dead at 9 am.
6. Kiss goodbye…
Don’t forget to add lipstick or lip balm, adding lipstick makes your lips stand out and lips are known to be a sensual part of the body, and highlighting them can make women more attractive to the opposite sex (according to science).
Hope you found this helpful!