Courtouring, highlighting, winged eyeliner… In a world of Kim Kardashians, be an Audrey Hepburn.
Applying makeup is like an art. Makeup can do magical things as it can completely transform your face, or simply enhance your features. My mood is a massive influence on me and affects how I do my make up. So if I’m feeling bold, I’ll wear a dark lip. If I’m feeling lazy, I’ll just add mascara and lip balm.
If you’re an absolute newbie and just dipping your toe into the pool of makeup, here are a few tips I would suggest.
- Apply your foundation with a wet beauty blender as it will prevent you from over applying your foundation. (Also don’t forget to apply foundation to your neck).
- Find the right formula suited to your skin type and know what kind of finish you like for instance, luminous, matte, semi matte, natural and so on and check if your foundation oxidises.
- Find a shade of concealer that’s no more than one or two shades lighter than your natural skin tone. I use my concealer as a way to highlight my face, so I’ll apply it under my eyes, a little on my forehead, on my cupid’s bow and on the bridge of my nose and blend it all to the heavens with my beauty blender.
- Set your concealer (that you have applied under your eyes) with powder to prevent your concealer from creasing.
- I apply a little concealer on to my eyelids and set it with powder (very lightly) if I’m applying eyeshadow to make my eyeshadow last all day.
- If you’re too unsure about contouring, bronzer is a great alternative. It will add a colour and a nice glow to your face. I’ll usually add it on the underside of my cheekbone and blend upwards with my kabuki brush and lastly dust a little on my temples and a little under my jaw. BUT don’t add too much, it will make you look very orange!
A little goes a long way!
Mascara and eyeliner:
- If you’re adding top eyeliner, do this first and then add mascara. (I still can’t do winged eyeliner).
- ALWAYS CURL YOUR LASHES.
- If you’re still mastering top eyeliner and not confident apply kohl on your water line instead. If I do wear Kohl, which isn’t often, I’ll apply it about halfway across the bottom water line, starting at the outer corner to give the illusion of making your eyes look bigger.
- Apply lip balm beforehand because it will stop your lips from looking chapped and a tinted lip balm is a safe option if you’re looking for a more natural look or you’re going out for a meal.
- Add a small amount of lip gloss in the middle of your lips to give the illusion that your lips look fuller.
I hope you found this to be helpful!
Maybe I’ll do a post on what I use… please do tell me if you would like to know ^-^